I’ve been preparing for NaNoWriMo by researching mapmaking and world building, by working on my outline (which is difficult because I’m more of a pantser), and finding the rest of the pictures to use as visuals for my characters and town. I was also busy helping my husband get things together so he could fly to TN for training for the new company he’s working for now. YAY new job!
He flew out of Charleston Sunday afternoon and as I waved goodbye I realized this is the first time we’ve been separated for more than a day since we became serious (2 1/2 years ago). We’ve only been married for 13 1/2 months so it’s sort of a big deal.
I spent last night tossing and turning. When he called earlier this evening he said, “Well at least you’ll be able to work on your writing without distractions,” and my thought was, “You not being here is a distraction,” but I didn’t say it. He’ll be back Friday evening, which isn’t soon enough for me, but I’ll be fine–I’ll just curl up to his pillow and fall asleep to Netflix (which will be happening soon).
When he’s here I take a break from writing, researching, etc., and just enjoy my time with him. Since he’s been gone, which has only been two days, my routine is askew and I feel restless and I’m not sure of what to do with myself. My breaks are now random, instead of on a routine, and my routine has been thrown out of the window. I’m not going to sleep until I’m utterly exhausted, in part because of the pain from my rotator cuff being messed up and the meds I’m on, and in part because I miss my husband and I sleep much better with him next to me than all alone in our queen sized bed. I used to sleep just fine by myself. Hogging the middle of the bed is not fun when you’re by yourself. Nor is hogging the covers.
So I’ve made a note to myself to get up in the morning and get back into my routine. I prefer the routine. I need the routine and I’ll really need it once NaNo starts November 1st.
My TO-DO list for tomorrow:
- Get back into routine
- Finish town map
- Finish character sketches (I only have 2 left)
- Finish outline for Part 2 (at least) & Part 3
- Work on organizing bookshelf
- Go to sleep Tuesday night by midnight (or at least try to)
- Make shopping list for NaNo supplies
And now I’m off to find something to fall asleep to on Netflix, and hopefully I’ll dream about my characters tonight so I’m inspired in the morning 😀
- Preparing for NaNoWriMo 2013 (authorpath.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo Survival Guide (burgesstaylor7911.wordpress.com)
- Routines (burgesstaylor7911.wordpress.com)
- Tiredness and NaNoWriMo (inkprintmagazine.wordpress.com)
- The #NaNoWriMo Checklist (writingishardwork.com)
- NaNoWriMo 2013 – Tips (moderatelyjoel.wordpress.com)