If we were having coffee… Planning for 2017 Part 1
If we were having coffee… I’d tell you that this month feels so much more positive than the past two months. That’s in part thanks to my wonderful husband, Mr. Rockstar (David), my family, and my friends (my tribe). Not only have I managed to feel more confident, positive, and grateful, but I’ve also realized I’d let my attitude become one of “what’s going to go wrong next,” of looking at the glass half empty–of negativity.
I can’t help but think that the negative feelings were contributing to things going wrong, breaking… I decided that I wasn’t going to allow the negativity from the past couple of months to spread into December. Nope, not happening. So I started the month out with a positive attitude. I changed a few things up. Started planning out my Spirit(ual) Omni Journal, worked on December’s layout and set up in my (regular) Omni Journal… and I set up things for December in my 2017 Hobonichi (which is for my personal, business, and Patreon planning/use). I wanted positive reinforcement. Needed it. And the best way to do that is to start out with an affirmation, a way to hold myself accountable (got on FB, YT, etc) and stated… No more negativity, it’s a whole new month, a new beginning… I’m going to be positive…I’m going to get things done, going to be happy, and I’m so grateful for the good things that did happen over the past few months… it wasn’t all negative.
Changing my attitude, talking about how it was a whole new month, a new beginning spread… other’s did the same… Happiness, positivity, kindness… those are contagious.
SO let’s talk about what I’ve got going on, what I’m planning (not only for December, but for 2017), and some of my goals. (This is going to be a 2 part post (and video), maybe even a 3 part. 😀
What I accomplished in 2016 so far:
- With the help of 3 wonderful women, I opened a FB group for women called Destination Me: Adventures at the Round Table. A place where we are safe to talk about and share things like our creative projects, our goals, our ideas and thoughts about creativity, spirituality, and life. A way to hold ourselves accountable. The four of us (Debbie, Jen, Karen, and myself) all contribute to the DM group… we are similar enough, but different enough, that we each contribute something to the group, and those wonderful women in the group also contribute. It’s become our home away from home. A safe haven to share and converse.
- With the support and encouragement of several people, I finished NaNoWriMo.
- With the support and encouragement from several women in my tribe, I opened up a FB group called Omni Journaling with Burgess.
- With the support and encouragement of several people, I joined Patreon and now have several Patrons.
- I reached 1000 subscribers on YouTube…
- I was the beneficiary of several happy mail items… Y’all… that was so wonderful. 😀 And much needed and appreciated.
- And, I renewed the Hosting for this website and have been blogging much more… I still need to work on blogging more often…
- Last but not least, I checked several things off my “bucket list” this year.
Goals for 2017:
- 2000 subscribers on YT
- To blog every day, at the least every other day.
- To grow my Patreon page
- To make enough of a passive income that I am supporting my creative life myself (supplies like notebooks, pens, camera, lighting, watercolors, washi tape, etc.; Website Hosting, increasing the internet speed so I don’t have “weak connection” anymore, books, tarot cards, a tablet selfie stick, etc…).
- To make enough income from my creative life that I do not have to work outside the home.
- To clean and organize the attic, my craft and art supplies, and the kitchen cabinets.
- To paint our bedroom wall and draw/paint a mural on the wall.
- To follow my path spiritually… to learn and grow spiritually.
- To finish the Witchy Business Novel and the Broken novel, and to have at least the first round of edits done.
- To write every day, at least 500-1000 words per day.
- To draw/paint every day.
- To be more organized and have more focus.
- To practice kindness, positivity, and courage on a daily basis.
- To have a regular schedule: bed by midnight, up by 8AM.
- To be healthier (which includes 10+K steps per day, eat healthier, etc)
My list goes on…
And I’ve started implementing things this month to help me accomplish things in the new year. I’ve created a Spirit Omni Journal, which is a Stalogy 365 A5 Notebook. I’ve started setting up my new Omni Journal for next year, which is an Enigma from Taroko Design.
Here is the video where I talk about this: